Throughout the course of the series, many characters have faced life-threatening injuries or experiences. Most of the time, they have been narrowly rescued or escaped from their fates. Other times, they have endured their fates and ended up in the hospital.
This is a list which covers the near-death experiences of the series.
- Fanboy and Chum Chum were almost murdered by Kyle's fireball. ("Wizboy")
- Yum Yum almost got burned by Janitor Poopatine's gum destroy mixture. ("The Janitor Strikes Back")
- As a robot, Fanboy lost his head and was almost beaten up by an angry mob of kids. ("I, Fanbot")
- Kyle was beaten up and shocked by his ceiling light when Fanboy dragged him with his wand. ("Chicken Pox")
- Fanboy and Chum Chum were repeatedly burnt, scarred and shocked by Agent 08. ("Total Recall")
- Fanboy stops Kyle from falling off the roof when he dropped their rope. ("Fan vs. Wild")
- Kyle falls into a pit of lava, but gets saved by a griffin. ("Lord of the Rings")
- Chum Chum starts to cry that he failed to get Fanboy to remember again and that his normal-self is gone forever. ("Brain Drain")
- Fanboy and Chum Chum go through many dangerous carnival-related things, in which they believed were fun. ("Schoolhouse Lock")
- Global Warmer planned to destroy Fanboy and Chum Chum, who liked it, and drains Man-Arctica's willpower. ("Igloo of Irritation")
- Man-Arctica threatened to destroy Benjamin and later, Fanboy, due to the constant crying. ("A Very Brrr-y Icemas")
- Kyle plans to char Fanboy and Chum Chum with the Fires of Ragnar in order to get their winning cup. ("The Winners")
- Fanboy, Chum Chum and Kyle were almost eaten by a dinosaur. ("Buddy Up")
- Boog falling into a cactus field ("Freezy Freaks")